Recipe Credit: Janice Ilsley
Chocolate Red Wine Cake
- Electric Mixer
- 2 C All purpose flour
- 3/4 C Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 Sticks Salted butter
- 1 3/4 Sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 C Ilsley Vineyards Seis Primas or Cabernet Sauvignon
- Powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
- Whipped cream for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 12 cup Bundt pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt, set aside. In another large bowl, beat the butter and sugar together using an electric mixer at medium-high speed until fluffy, around 4 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, and beat until fully mixed in. Add the vanilla extract, beating for another 2 minutes.
- Fold in the dry mix half at a time, alternating with the red wine, until just incorporated. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan, and bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, and then turn it out onto a rack. Cool completely. Dust the cake with confectioners sugar, and serve with whipped cream.
Easily convert this recipe to Gluten Free by substituting gluten free flour in a 1:1 ratio. Resulting cake will be slightly denser.